Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

I am a  WORK in PROGRESS... as I go through a journey called L I F E

 

 

 

 

                            


About Me
 
MY STORY
 
   Nikki was a nickname given to me by a high school friend which she coined from my first name. I was born somewhere in the North but I practically grew up in Manila hence I'm not very good in Ilocano. The eldest of two siblings (by only a year and 4 months), my brother is both a mechanical engineer and a lawyer. My parents can finally afford to relax; now that my brother and I are both working but there's no slowing them down because they say that they'd only get bored doing nothing.

   Eversince I was a child, I could not remember any instance when I didn't want to become a doctor. I guess this is because from the very start, I was groomed to be one by my parents, my dad especially. Proof: I had plastic medical kits for toys and was given a Chemistry kit and a microscope for my elementary school graduation. After pre-med, I got cold-feet because I knew it was going to be a long, rocky road for me but I didn't really know how hard it was until it was already too late for me to quit. I didn't want the pressure inside the operating room nor the endless hours of monitoring labor progression and I hated the words hypertension, diabetes or chronic renal failure but I love holding the tiny fingers of a newborn baby. So here I am, after years and years of studying, going on duty and dealing with all kinds of people, I am now a struggling pediatrician.
 
   I was introduced to blogging when I discovered Yahoo Geocities. Thanks to Google, while searching for templates, I stumbled upon several blogs, met some wonderful people and started my own blog.
 
 
 
WORDS THAT I LIVE BY: "God will never leave you empty, He will replace everything you lost. If He
                                       asks you to put something down, it's because He wants you to pick up
                                       something better."